Friday, March 18, 2011

Everyday Yogi

I stand, lay, sit on my yoga mat on a regular basis.  I clear my mind and align with my breath when my teacher tells me too.  I immediately notice how much more relaxed my breathing makes me.  I listen to my teacher when they tell me things like "honor your body" and "just respect where you are today in this practice" or "honor the teacher within you".  I let my day go within the first few minutes of practice.  I send love to myself and to the people in my life who need it in that hour or hour and a half of practice. 

Then it comes time for me to step off my mat and go out into the real world.  I'll feel peaceful sometimes even blissful leaving the yoga studio.  Loving myself, loving my life with just a general positive attitude.  I'll get in the car and my mind begins to race. I start thinking of all the things I need to do that day or evening.  I'll remember that thing that happened at work that upset me.  My negative self talk begins.  Someone cuts me off and I begin to cuss in my car. 

So I wonder to myself how to bring my yoga practice off my mat and out into the real world?  How can I find that mini yoga instructor that will come with me in my travels and tell me to breath and let it all go?  This is what I've been contemplating lately.  Who doesn't want to feel serene and blissful all the time?!  I've been reading so many books lately to try and get on this path in my daily life.  This blog will be about my attempts at self care and finding an everyday healthy outlook and attitude.

The word advaita in sanskirt means the connection of an individual spirit to the greater spirit. Which always makes me think about the connection between all of us.  We are all one and must be good to one another.  Please post any thoughts or responses to these blogs!  We can all grow together :) 

3 comments:

  1. I look forward to reading your blog and learning more about incorporating yoga into every day life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to sharing and learning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How about a suggested reading list?

    ReplyDelete